Travel guide book Explore Georgia
Travel guide book – Georgia – Caucasus
Published in January 2023
Discover the pearl of the Caucasus by van, 4×4, motorbike and bicycle !
This book is an invitation to explore the wildest corners of Georgia. Located on the border of Europe and Asia, Georgia is a mountainous country of wild and captivating beauty. Along picturesque routes, stand troglodyte monasteries, impenetrable fortresses and century-old watchtowers that attest to the richness of its cultural heritage. Nestled in the hollow of the snowy peaks of the Greater Caucasus, this small country bordered by the Black Sea has established itself as an essential destination on the Silk Road. Let yourself be charmed by the Georgian way of life and discover this land of myths and legends on our carefully selected routes.
🎁 Get a 10€ discount, if you also take the GPS tracks.
To add the map or GPS tracks directly to your basket, check the following items:
|Dimensions||16,5 × 24 × 2 cm|
Where to buy it in Georgia?
– Stamba book shop
– Prospero’s book shop
– Meidan Bazaar
– Santa Esperanza book shop
– National Museum of Georgia
– National Gallery
– Overland Haven (campsite in Sagarejo, 40km from Tbilisi)
– Savana Guesthouse
Georgia, the Pearl of the Caucasus
Located on the border of Europe and Asia, Georgia is a mountainous country full of wild and captivating beauty.
Along picturesque routes stand cave monasteries, impenetrable fortresses and century-old watchtowers that attest to the richness of its cultural heritage.
Nestled in the hollow of the snowy peaks of the Greater Caucasus, this small country bordered by the Black Sea has established itself as an essential destination on the Silk Road.
24 of the best off-road routes in Georgia
Van, 4×4, motorbike and gravel bike
Designed like a roadbook, and illustrated with a multitude of maps and photos, this book is both a tool and guide for independent travellers who wish to discover, understand, and explore Georgia. We offer in this book a selection of the best off-road routes, to discover by van, 4×4, bike or motorcycle.
Get the general map of the book in A2 format. Folded, it slips into your pocket!
- More than 80 must-see highlights
- The main and secondary roads + the 24 off-road routes
- A complete English-Georgian phrase book on the back.
The GPS tracks
Download the 24 off-road routes in GPX format.
- More than 500 points of interest (camping spots, viewpoints, etc.).
- Compatible with your smartphone (Android / IOS) and your GPS device!
- 10 euros discount if you take the book and the GPS routes.
Overview of the book: turn the pages!
Overview of a route
The 24 routes are categorised by difficulty level from 1 to 5 and are suitable for all types of vehicles and experience levels. You will find below an overview of a route.
- Visas & Accessibility (by land, air and sea)
- Driving & Navigation
- 4×4, van, motorbike & bike (which vehicle to choose, rental, equipment, etc.)
- Health & Safety
- Environmental Concerns
- Plant Life
- Animal Life
- Responsible Travel (plastic pollution, water usage, customs and traditions, etc.)
- Modern-day Georgia
- Traditions & Folklore (family life, celebrations and bank holidays, the cradle of wine, polyphonic music, etc.)
- The art of the dinner table (traditional dishes, the supra and the tamada, etc.)
- Activities (horse trekking, climbing, skiing, paragliding, etc.)
- Phrase Book
- Useful reading
- Emergency numbers
Outdoor activities in Georgia
With our EXPLORE collection of adventure guides, we offer a panoply of destinations and regions off the touristic beaten path, by encouraging the healthy development of outdoor activities and cultural exchanges with the local population. This is why, for each and every one of our destinations, we emphasise the locals’ know-how and services: guides, host families, artisans, etc. Make sure to integrate at least one day of outdoor activities (hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, rafting, etc.) to your itinerary to turn this trip into an unforgettable adventure! Throughout our explorations, we have made wonderful encounters with guides, who you can contact directly on our website here:
Rent a vehicle in Georgia: 4×4, van, motorbike or bike
See our recommandations of local rental companies : 4×4 with roof-tent, campervans, motorbike or bike with luggage, etc. Local prices guaranteed and a large choice of fully-equipped adventure vehicles!