Kyrgyzstan Border Permit
Fill in the form below and order your border permit in just a few clicks!
- Validity: 1 month (or 2 months with extra charges)
- Delivery time: 13 working days* (or 5 working days* with extra charges) *excluding week-ends and public holidays
- Price: 30€ / person
- The permit includes five border zones:
- Chuy region: Chong-Kemin Valley
- Issyk-Kul region: Karkyra, Sary-Jaz, Engilchek, Khan-Tengri national park, Ak-Shyrak, and Karasay checkpoint
- Naryn region: Ak-Say Valley, Lake Kol-Suu, Kok-Kiya canyon, Lake Chatyr-Kul and Torugart checkpoint
- Osh region: Trans-Alay chain (Lenin Peak)
- Batken region*: Kadamjay district. *Batken and Leylek districts in Batken region are not included.
It couldn’t be easier: just take 5 minutes to fill in the form below!
Within 24 hours, we check your details and launch the application!
Once it is ready, you can collect it from the town of your choice!
- The border permit includes all the border zones in Kyzgyzstan, except Leylek and Batken districts. As far as we know, there is no quicker and cheaper way to obtain the 5-zone border permit.
- This permit allows access to the Routes 3, 11, 12, 18, 19 and 24 of our Explore Kyrgyzstan travel guide!
- The process of obtaining the permit takes 13 working days, but an urgent option allows you to get it in 5 working days. Weekends and local holidays are not working days, please check here.
- The delivery of the permit is done at the reception of the hotel “Salut” in Bishkek (1 Gogol St, Bishkek 720021). With the “Other place” option, you can get your permit delivered in another city of Kyrgyzstan (count 2 working days delivery in addition to the procedure of obtaining the permit).
- You can collect border permit when there are ready at any time with your passport.
- The permit is valid for 1 month (from the date of validity you choose). As an option, it is possible to increase its duration to 2 months.
- In case of cancellation, no refund is possible.
Fill in the form below to apply for your border permit
What is a border permit?
Some border areas are subject to strict regulations on the movement of people, particularly foreigners. If you wish to visit these areas, it is essential to apply for a border permit in advance.
There are five restricted areas.
- Chuy region: Chong-Kemin valley
- Issyk-Kul region: Karkyra, Sary-Jaz, Engilchek, Khan-Tengri national park, Sarychat-Ertash reserve, Ak Shyrak and Karasay checkpoint
- Naryn region: Ak Say valley, Lake Kol-Suu, Kok-Kiya canyon, Lake Chatyr-Kul and Torugart checkpoint
- Osh region: Trans-Alaï range (Lenin peak)
- Batken region: Kadamjai, Leïlek and Batken districts
You can order a permit for one or more areas. For simplicity’s sake, we have decided to sell only a 5-zone border permit. Please note that the districts of Leilek and Batken districts are not included.
Which routes in Explore Kyrgyzstan require a border permit?
This permit gives access to routes 3, 11, 12, 18, 19 and 24 in our Explore Kyrgyzstan travel guide!
How far in advance do I need to order the border permit?
The procedure for obtaining the permit takes 13 working days, but an urgent option allows you to have it in 5 working days. Please note that weekends and local holidays must be deducted from the working days, as the administration is closed. Please check the dates of public holidays by clicking here. You can order your permit up to 2 months in advance.
How do I choose the date of entry into the border zone?
If you’re not sure about the date of entry into the border zone, it doesn’t matter. The permit is valid for 1 month (or 2 months, depending on the option chosen) from that date. You can enter the border zone at any time during the period of validity of your permit.
How do I pay?
You can only pay online and in euros. Payment is secure via Card (VISA or MASTERCARD) or Paypal.
Where can I collect my border permit?
By default, permits are delivered to the reception of the Salut hotel in Bishkek (1 Gogol St, Bishkek 720021). With the “Other location” option, you can have the permit delivered to another town in Kyrgyzstan for an additional €15 (allow 2 working days for delivery in addition to the time taken to produce the permit). Please note that if the delivery address is wrong, there will be no refund.
How long is the permit valid for?
The permit is valid for 1 month (from the date of entry into the border zone). As an option, it can be extended to 2 months. This costs €5 per permit.
When can I collect my border permit?
As soon as your permit is ready, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and you can collect it from the Salut hotel in Bishkek or from the delivery point you indicated. Once you have obtained your permit, keep the original version safe and make several copies, as you will have to leave one at each military checkpoint. Your passport will also be checked.
What are the cancellation policy?
Please note that in the event of cancellation (for whatever reason), no refund is possible.
Very easy and smooth process for the permit- also a very honest price compared to other agencies.
It couldn’t be easier; you fill in the form, make the payment and that’s it. I got an email they received the payment and would start the application, and another one that my application was being handled and a week later that it was ready. We chose to pick up the permit in Hotel Salut and indeed it was neatly waiting there for us, among many other permits. Great service that saves you the hassle of obtaining permits. Thanks alot.
There’s no need to worry about which areas you want to visit, because all areas are included! I compared with several agencies and OunTravela offers 5 zones when other agencies offer only one zone for the same price.
BIG THANKS for this service and for your fantastic book!
Very cheap compared to what other companies ask!! Thanks for the quick and professional service! By the way the book Explore Kyrgyzstan was very helpful, thanks a lot! 😉
I get urgent border permit in 4 days, thanks !
Super fast delivery, easy process.