Explore Ladakh – 12 of the best off-road motorbike, 4×4 and cycling routes
Explore Ladakh is an invitation to explore the wildest corners of the Indian Himalayas by motorbike, 4×4 or bicycle. Ladakh is a region brimming with a thousand years worth of Tibetan Buddhist culture. It is also home to incredible and well-preserved natural landscapes. You will discover another side to India and cross the highest passes in the world, taking you from picturesque valleys to vast plateaux. Find yourself inspired to undertake a timeless journey using our selection of twelve off-road 4×4, motorcycle and cycling routes which are mapped out on satellite images along with the main points of interest: lakes, glaciers, viewpoints, wild camping spots, service stations, hostels… . You will find all the necessary practical information you need to get started on an independent journey (vehicle rental, health, gear, Inner Line Permit) and all the information you need to know about the wildlife, ﬂora and culture of this unique region of India!
Language : ENGLISH – WORLDWIDE Delivery | French version HERE
PACK EXPLORE in discount : Book + GPS routes
54,90 € 44,90 €
In stock (can be backordered)
"Explore Ladakh" - Adventure guide book
12 of the most beautiful motorcycle, 4x4 and cycling off-road routes
This adventure guide book is an invitation to explore the wildest corners of the Indian Himalayas by motorbike, 4x4 or bicycle. Ladakh is a region brimming with a thousand years worth of Tibetan Buddhist culture. It is also home to incredible and well-preserved natural landscapes. You will discover another side to India and cross the highest passes in the world, taking you from picturesque valleys to vast plateaux.
Halfway between a tourist guide and a road-book, "Explore Ladakh" is the ideal tool to embark on a journey off the beaten track! Explore unexplored trails and the region's must-see sites (Lake Pangong and Tso Moriri, the Nubra and Zanskar valleys, etc.).
- All you need to know before your trip: What time of year to go? How to get a visa for India? How to access restricted areas? What budget should you allow for? What health and safety precautions to take?
- 30 pages of maps and field data to help you build your itinerary. 12 of the most beautiful routes in the region are plotted on high-resolution satellite images with all the main sites of interest: lakes, glaciers, viewpoints, wild-camping spots, petrol stations, hostels etc.
- A chapter dedicated to preparing an autonomous trip (camping, water and fuel management, first-aid kit), the choice of vehicle and equipment (motorcycle, 4x4 and bicycle).
- All the information you need to know about the wildlife, the ﬂora and the culture of Ladakh as well as our advice on how to leave the smallest possible trace behind you, a dictionary and lots of other useful information (emergency numbers, books, films, activities, etc.).
- More than 100 illustrations and photographs in a compact (453g) and resistant format compatible with adventure travel. The spiral binding allows the book to be opened 360°, which is very practical for motorcyclists and cyclists!
|Dimensions||14.8 × 21 × 15 cm|
"Adopting a road book spirit and presentation, Explore Ladakh is as complete as it is practical!"
"The pages of this book exhale the sweet scent of adventure but also testify to a great experience of the field!"
"You're amazing, you and your philosophy of travel, with which I deeply identify! Full support from a fan who went to Kyrgyzstan thanks to you!"
"In order to publish this book about the most beautiful trails in Ladakh, Victor left with 2 friends to explore the area. He tells us about his road trip in the Royal Enfield Himalayan"