Explore Ladakh – 12 of the best off-road motorbike, 4×4 and cycling routes
NOW AVAILABLE IN LEH ! Buy the book in Leh (Ladakh) at this GPS point : HERE
Explore Ladakh is an invitation to explore the wildest corners of the Indian Himalayas by motorbike, 4×4 or bicycle. Ladakh is a region brimming with a thousand years worth of Tibetan Buddhist culture. It is also home to incredible and well-preserved natural landscapes. You will discover another side to India and cross the highest passes in the world, taking you from picturesque valleys to vast plateaux.
Find yourself inspired to undertake a timeless journey using our selection of twelve off-road 4×4, motorcycle and cycling routes which are mapped out on satellite images along with the main points of interest: lakes, glaciers, viewpoints, wild camping spots, service stations, hostels, etc. You will find all the necessary practical information you need to get started on an independent journey (vehicle rental, health, gear, Inner Line Permit) and all the information you need to know about the wildlife, ﬂora and culture of this unique region of India!
Language : ENGLISH – WORLDWIDE Delivery
EXPLORE LADAKH PACKAGE (book + GPS routes) at a discount rate
54,90 € 44,90 €
In stock (can be backordered)
The book trailer!
In the heart of the himalayas
A rugged land, known for being home to some of the world’s highest roads, Ladakh is the dream destination for an adventure off the beaten track.
This Indian region, nestled in the Himalayas, offers a variety of landscapes and wide-open spaces simply waiting to be explored. Interspersed with dizzyingly high summits, reaching up to 8,000m, Ladakh is spread out across magnificent lunar landscapes
and deep valleys, carved out by erosion
From Tibetan monasteries perched in the mountains to small remote villages set in the valleys, visiting Ladakh is a journey back in time which we invite you to experience in an original way.
12 of the best off-road motorbike, 4×4 & cycling routes
Designed like a roadbook, and illustrated with a multitude of maps and photos, this book is both a tool and guide for independent travellers who wish to discover, understand, and explore Ladakh. We offer in this book a selection of small, unexplored trails, to discover by motorbike, 4×4 or bicycle.
EXPLORE LADAKH is in no way a box standard tourist guide. Our guide has been designed for travellers searching for adventure and authentic experiences. Each and every trail in the book has been patiently explored, adventure by adventure, in the immensity of the himalayan landscape.
Instead of classical stops and by-the-book itineraries, we offer our readers an original format allowing you to create your trip yourself. With a perfect knowledge of the terrain, travellers can improvise their way, guided by what they fancy or who they meet, fully independently.
This travel guide book, it’s:
- 164 colour pages
- More than 100 photos
- 30 pages maps, including high-res satellite maps
- More than 150 GPS coordinates (wild camping spots, sightseeing spots, must-see, etc.)
- Practical information (vehicle equipment, renting advice, visa, etc.)
- All the information you need to know about the wildlife, the ﬂora and the culture of Ladakh as well as our advice on how to leave the smallest possible trace behind you
- A small phrase book to start a discussion in Ladakhi
- Our recommendations for rentals (van, 4×4, motorcycle, bike) and local guides for your outdoor activities
- Motorbike : Which motorbike to choose? Road condition, rental, equipment, safety checks, fuel management
- 4×4 : Which 4×4 to choose? Road condition, rental, safety checks and equipment, driving advice.
- Cycling : Travelling with your bike, rental, gear, etc.
- Equipment (wild camping, clothing, accessories, electronical device, phone and signal, water, documents, money, etc.)
- Health (first-aid kit, Acute Mountain Sickness)
- Way of life
- Activities (hiking, rafting, climbing, mountaineering, etc.)
- Phrase book
- Useful readings (books, films, websites, etc.)
- Emergency numbers
Preview of a route
Make sure to integrate at least one day of outdoor activities (hiking, rock climbing, white water rafting, etc.) to your itinerary to turn this trip into an unforgettable adventure! Throughout our explorations, we have made wonderful encounters with guides, who you can contact directly on our website. You will also find our recommendations for vehicle locations in Leh, the capital.
Our latest reviews
They support us