Travel Guide Book Explore Kyrgyzstan
Crossed from west to east by the Celestial Mountains and the famous Silk Road, Kyrgyzstan is a land of contrasting wild beauty. Designed like a roadbook, and illustrated with a multitude of maps and photos, EXPLORE KYRGYZSTAN is both a tool and guide for independent travellers who wish to discover, understand, and explore Kyrgyzstan. We offer in this book a selection of small, unexplored off-raod routes, to discover by van, 4×4, bike or motorcycle.
Language: ENGLISH (available in French here)
Get a discount if you also take the following items:
|Dimensions||16,5 × 22 × 2 cm|
Buy it in Kyrgyzstan
Points of sale in Kyrgyzstan
- Kurak Homestay & Hostel : Janylyk 70, Bishkek, 720072
- Tunduk Hostel : Kubanskyi 46, Bishkek 720000
- Apple Hostel : Chymkentskaya 1B, Bishkek 720030
- One Village One Product : Toktogul 140, Bishkek (near Relax Coffee)
- FreeBike : 91 Kropotkina St, Bishkek (Call Olga before : +996 701 975 048)
- Bookingem bookshop : 19 Gorky St, Bishkek 720005
- RedFox : 113 Sultan Ibraimov St, Bishkek
Q & A
The book trailer!
This travel guide book, it’s:
- 336 colour pages
- More than 300 photos
- 75 maps, including high-res satellite maps
- More than 500 GPS coordinates (wild camping spots, sightseeing spots, must-see, etc.)
- Hikes by foot or horseback and other must-do outdoor activities!
- 40 pages on the local culture and environment
Practical information (vehicle equipment, renting advice, visa, etc.)
- A complete phrasebook to break the ice in a yurt !
- Our recommendations for rentals (van, 4×4, motorcycle, bike) and local guides for your outdoor activities (horseback riding, white water rafting, etc.)
On the Silk Road
Peppered with dizzyingly high peaks reaching up to 7,000m, the land sprawls amongst a magnificent backdrop of green mountains, offering beautiful vistas populated by the sleek outline of horses and the white yurts typical of local nomadic tribes.
From desert steppes to wide valleys crafted by time and erosion, this small landlocked country in Central Asia is an ideal destination for an adventure off the beaten paths.
24 of the best van, 4×4, motorbike & cycling routes
Designed like a roadbook, and illustrated with a multitude of maps and photos, this book is both a tool and guide for independent travellers who wish to discover, understand, and explore Kyrgyzstan. We offer in this book a selection of small, unexplored trails, to discover by van, 4×4, bike or motorcycle.
Instead of classical stops and by-the-book itineraries, we offer our readers an original format allowing you to create your trip yourself. With a perfect knowledge of the terrain, travellers can improvise their way, guided by what they fancy or who they meet, fully independently.
The 24 off-road routes and main touristic interest sites are indicated on a general map, at the beginning of the book. The routes are classified by difficulty level from 1 to 5, to help you build your itinerary according to your vehicle and your experience.
The general map is also available in A2 format. Folded, it slips into your pocket. You will find a complete Kyrgyz-English phrase book on the back. It’s the ideal tool to complete the book!
- Visa & Accessibility (by land & air)
- Driving and navigation
- Van, 4×4, motorbike & cycle (which vehicule to choose, rental, driving advice, etc.)
- Health & Safety
- Environmental concerns
- Plant life
- Animal life
- Responsible travel (plastic pollution, water usage, respect for customs, etc.)
- Modern-day Kyrgyzstan
- Traditions & Way of life (nomadism, family life, Kyrgyz hospitality, the yurt, the role of horses, eagle hunting, etc.)
- Activities (horseback riding, hiking, rafting, climbing, mountaineering, skiing, etc.)
- Phrase book
- Useful readings (books, films, websites, etc.)
- Emergency numbers
Preview of a route
Make sure to integrate at least one day of outdoor activities (hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, white water rafting, etc.) to your itinerary to turn this trip into an unforgettable adventure! Throughout our explorations, we have made wonderful encounters with guides, who you can contact directly on our website. You will also find our recommendations for vehicle locations in Bishkek, the capital.