Ladakh motorbike rental form in Leh
- Please read our FAQ at the bottom of this form: insurance, cancellation, border permit, questions about the equipment or the bikes, etc.
- Please note that you are renting motorbikes and not a tour with a guide (which would not be at the same price). Use our “Explore Ladakh” book to plan your route. The rental company will be able to help you on the spot if you have any questions but do not rely on them to create your itinerary.
- We have selected two rental agencies in Leh that are known for their reliability. Depending on the availability of the bikes, Gurmat or Achuk will contact you after the 10% deposit has been paid. Note that the remaining 90% of the price will be paid in INR on the spot.
- Motorbike rental prices are regulated by the Ladakh authorities and are the same for all rental agencies in Leh. There is no negotiation possible.
- OunTravela is not a rental agency (read our term and condition). We facilitate the process of renting a motorbike by putting you in contact with rental companies in Leh, Ladakh.
By booking via this form:
- You support a local rental agency, recognized for its seriousness, tested and selected by us.
- You support OunTravela Publishing because we receive a small commission from the rental company, which does not change your price.
- You will have to pay an advance of 10% of the total amount to confirm your reservation. This advance will be paid in euro with a secure system Paypal or Stripe (Mastercard or Visa) without any conversion fee in INR and without any international transfer fee.
Motorbike insurrance included ?
Motorbike insurance: no rental agency in Ladakh offers insurance with a motorbike rental. This means that if the bike breaks, you will have to pay for the parts. Note that the cost of parts is relatively low in India.
Travel / health insurance: It is advisable to have travel insurance in case of problems during your trip (accident, delay, etc.). Also, check that you have repatriation insurance (which is often included if you pay for your plane tickets with your credit card).
Tools and equipments included with the rental ?
Basic tools are provided. On request, a set of air tube can be provided.
There are no USB chargers on the bikes. But you can buy one in your country and the mechanic will plug it to your bike!
Do I need international driving licence ?
It is forbidden in Ladakh to rent a motorbike without a motorbike licence.
An international licence is recommended but not required.
Inner Line Permit
Cost of Inner Line Permit is 1000 INR per person for all the duration of the rental.
The permit is only valid for 7 days.
This means that if you go to a restricted area, it is possible to come back to Leh to get a new permit from the rental company (free of charge).
For security purpose, the rental company required one of your valid ID proof and an amount of iNR 5,000 in cash, which is refundable once the rental period is over.
In case of cancellation 30 days before the reservation, the 10% deposit will be refunded to your card or paypal account.
In case of cancellation after that, the 10% deposit will not be refunded.
Please write to in case of cancellation as soon as possible. Thanks
If you got problem with the bike on the way?
Mostly such kind of thing doesn’t happen since bike from Gurmat and Achuk are perfectly maintained and new bikes are added every year to their fleet. But still if you got such kind of problem, you have to call them and they will support you. You can leave the bike at the place and do inform us while you can reach to your hotel by taxi or by taking lift.
Minimum number of days for bike rental?
The minimum number of days for renting the bike is 5 days.
Is there always availability ?
No and it’s important to book in advance. During the peak season (June to September), it’s become little bit difficult to get the bike of your choice if it is not booked earlier.
If the motorbikes of your choice are not available, a refund of your deposit (10%) will be made.
Best itinerary and advices
The important thing is to start your itinerary from 1 to 12 as they are of increasing altitude (due to mountain sickness). Also, every 7 days you have to re-do your permit in Leh (if you do permit areas).
Where to pick up the bikes?
Motorbikes can be picked up in Leh at the Gurmat or Achuk garage.